Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ek Pal Ka Jeena

My title has nothing to do with my post, I am just listening to the song.

Uh, I feel like writing, so aimlessly, I write.

Isn't it nice weather out recently?

Uh, so let me let you know more about my life, I guess.

I recently found myself transplanted from the lush plantations of the South to the thriving metropolis of the North. Now don't get me wrong, I orginally hail from the Great White North, but I spent my adolescene in the South. Growing up in the South was an experience, that, looking back, was amazing.
While I was growing up, I couldn't think of a place I wanted to be less.
As I sit here in my morbidly small dorm room, I sometimes wonder why I left.
I had everything a girl could want! But ah, there are times when I look at pictures, and I realize..I came here to learn to become my own person. I came here to assert my indpendence, to make friends, to learn what it means to be A COLLEGE STUDENT.
I can't forever be hanging on the pallu of my mom's sari. Not that my mom wears a sari on a daily basis, it was just an expression.

But yes, so, despite all my thoughts that maybe Temple was too far away, and it was too hard to be so far from mom and dad, I am honest to god, glad I chose it.
It may be in the ghetto, with crazy crack addicts, and more red tape than anything else. But damnit, I find myself happy. A mood that seemed to elude me all through out high school.
I'm not saying I spent my high school years sitting in a corner talking about how my soul was black and cried constantly, on the contrary, I was a well adjusted, socialable person. I just never had it in me to find my own happiness, I would sit and wait for it to find me.
Here, I feel so in control of my own fate, that I run around looking for happiness. No corner will remain unsearched in my quest for world domination...or whatever.

So, moral of the story: Don't wait for happiness to find you, find it yourself.

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger donutslord said...

You write to much I got bored so I clicked on yours well anyways go to www.donutsrgood7.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home