Tuesday, September 26, 2006

This is what happens..

I found something I wrote that I actually like alot..but I kept it hidden and just found it! here it is for your reading pleasure:

I think that when I grow old, I will remember these summers. The time we spent, just being idealistic and young. There is something spellbinding about the summers I spent in Toronto. The air at my grandmothers house is just different. I didn't grow up in this house, but it holds some of my most precious memories and heartaches. I can still open the closet in the office and breathe in his scent. Summer in toronto isn't an option, it's a given. At least three weeks of summer are devoted to being in the city that birthed me. Walking to First Markham with Gautam to watch movies, Driving around with Kajal, trying to eat our fudgesicles before they melted all over our hands. Walking around the mall with Rachna for hours upon hours. Walking to Beckers, coke slushies, those rocket popsicles, the ones with three colors.

We might be growing up, but summer never will. There will always be us, sitting outside dimitris, polishing off some kind of waffle sundae. And sitting in the family room, watching some kind of sporting event. Or waiting while dadi cooks us something.

It's summer after all, and that means we're invincible in our youth.


"And tonight will go on forever while we
walk around this town like we own the streets
and stay awake through summer like we own the heat...You're just jealous cause we're young and in love."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home