Sunday, June 08, 2008

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?


Mairi Campbell Singing Auld Lyne Sang is perhaps the most
beautiful & ethereal version of the song I have ever heard.
It moves me to tears.

Fighting with those you love most is the hardest thing,
because it seems like the hurt
is ever present
and non diminishing.

It's always in your mind, and if you're like me,
you can't stop thinking about ways to make it better.
And you realize,
that sometimes,
"being the bigger person" isn't the right way to go.

I love you, but the more I think about it,
the more I realize...you walk all over me.
You blame me for things that aren't my fault.
You're my friend, meaning I would follow you anywhere.
You're my BEST friend, meaning I won't hesitate to tell you that
where you want me to go isn't the place for us to be.

don't blame your indecisions on me,
I am NOT at fault for them.

Make your mistakes, I'm here to tell you that they are mistakes.
And I'm here to put a band-aid on heart when you get it broken.

Don't tell me that because I have NEVER "been in your situation"
that I don't know
"how you feel"
because,
quite fucking frankly
thats bullshit.

You forget that I was the one who stayed up with you while you cried
who cursed him for you because your heart was too full of hurt (& love for him) to do it.
you forget that it was with these hands that I wiped the tears from your face.
you forget that I was the one who held you when you couldn't hold yourself up.
who put together your heart
every time he broke it.

And I would do it again, because we're sisters.

but to toss me aside,
to ignore me,
to humiliate me
for him.
is not something that I will forget soon.

But, forgive you I will.
As for being the bigger person,
not this time around.
Because its up to you to want to be the bigger person.

I'm not backing down about the truth.


And ther's a hand, my trusty friend,
And gie's a hand o' thine;
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home